[rancid] Fortiweb 5.8
Gerhard Mourani
2017-07-19 20:18:25 UTC
Hello,

I'm using Rancid 3.6.2 to backup Fortiweb devices which worked in the past. Since my last update to Fortiweb 5.8, rancid stop to work. Command like su - rancid -c "clogin x.x.x.x" let me connect to it instantly but typing something will return a timeout (Error: TIMEOUT reached).

Regards,
heasley
2017-07-20 08:56:53 UTC
Post by Gerhard Mourani
Hello,
I'm using Rancid 3.6.2 to backup Fortiweb devices which worked in the past. Since my last update to Fortiweb 5.8, rancid stop to work. Command like su - rancid -c "clogin x.x.x.x" let me connect to it instantly but typing something will return a timeout (Error: TIMEOUT reached).
try fnlogin (or plogin) and we'd need debug output from fnlogin -d to see
what is failing in whatis most likely matching of the prompt.
Gerhard Mourani
2017-07-20 12:13:20 UTC

Thanks for your reply, here the output, look like with fnlogin, the remote FortiWeb wait indefinitely at the password prompt!

su - rancid -c "fnlogin -d 172.16.207.10"
172.16.207.10
spawn ssh -p 22 -x -l blesk9 172.16.207.10
parent: waiting for sync byte
parent: telling child to go ahead
parent: now unsynchronized from child
spawn: returns {92600}
Gate keeper glob pattern for '(Connection refused|Secure connection [^
]+ refused)' is ''. Not usable, disabling the performance booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for '(Connection closed by|Connection to [^
]+ closed)' is ''. Not usable, disabling the performance booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for '(Host key not found |The authenticity of host .* be established)' is ''. Not usable, disabling the performance booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for 'HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED' is 'HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED'. Activating booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for 'Offending key for ' is 'Offending key for '. Activating booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for '^warning: remote host denied authentication agent forwarding.' is 'warning: remote host denied authentication agent forwarding?'. Activating booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for '(denied|Sorry)' is ''. Not usable, disabling the performance booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for '(login:)' is 'login:'. Activating booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for '@[^
]+[Pp]assword:' is '@*assword:'. Activating booster.

expect: does "" (spawn_id exp3) match regular expression "(Connection refused|Secure connection [^\n\r]+ refused)"? (No Gate, RE only) gate=yes re=no
"(Connection closed by|Connection to [^\n\r]+ closed)"? (No Gate, RE only) gate=yes re=no

expect: does "" (spawn_id exp3) match glob pattern "unknown host\r"? no

expect: does "" (spawn_id exp3) match glob pattern "Host is unreachable"? no
"No address associated with name"? no
"(Host key not found |The authenticity of host .* be established)"? (No Gate, RE only) gate=yes re=no
"HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED"? Gate "HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED"? gate=no
"Offending key for "? Gate "Offending key for "? gate=no

expect: does "" (spawn_id exp3) match regular expression "^warning: remote host denied authentication agent forwarding."? Gate "warning: remote host denied authentication agent forwarding?"? gate=no

expect: does "" (spawn_id exp3) match regular expression "(denied|Sorry)"? (No Gate, RE only) gate=yes re=no
"Login failed"? no
"(login:)"? Gate "login:"? gate=no
"@[^\r\n]+[Pp]assword:"? Gate "@*assword:"? gate=no
"[Pp]assword:"? no
"[#\$] "? no
please input passwd:
expect: does "please input passwd:" (spawn_id exp3) match regular expression "(Connection refused|Secure connection [^\n\r]+ refused)"? (No Gate, RE only) gate=yes re=no
"(Connection closed by|Connection to [^\n\r]+ closed)"? (No Gate, RE only) gate=yes re=no

expect: does "please input passwd:" (spawn_id exp3) match glob pattern "unknown host\r"? no

expect: does "please input passwd:" (spawn_id exp3) match glob pattern "Host is unreachable"? no
"No address associated with name"? no
"(Host key not found |The authenticity of host .* be established)"? (No Gate, RE only) gate=yes re=no
"HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED"? Gate "HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED"? gate=no
"Offending key for "? Gate "Offending key for "? gate=no

expect: does "please input passwd:" (spawn_id exp3) match regular expression "^warning: remote host denied authentication agent forwarding."? Gate "warning: remote host denied authentication agent forwarding?"? gate=no

expect: does "please input passwd:" (spawn_id exp3) match regular expression "(denied|Sorry)"? (No Gate, RE only) gate=yes re=no
"Login failed"? no
"(login:)"? Gate "login:"? gate=no
"@[^\r\n]+[Pp]assword:"? Gate "@*assword:"? gate=no
"[Pp]assword:"? no
"[#\$] "? no
expect: timed out

Error: TIMEOUT reached
heasley
2017-07-20 17:17:19 UTC
Post by Gerhard Mourani
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, here the output, look like with fnlogin, the remote FortiWeb wait indefinitely at the password prompt!
Looks like they have changed the password prompt. Please complain to them
about change with zero value, then try the attached patch and comfirm for
us that it works (or not).
Gerhard Mourani
2017-07-21 13:55:25 UTC

Just to confirm that it works. Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Post by heasley
Hi,
Post by heasley
Post by Gerhard Mourani
Hello,
I'm using Rancid 3.6.2 to backup Fortiweb devices which worked in the past. Since my last update to Fortiweb 5.8, rancid stop to work. Command like su - rancid -c "clogin x.x.x.x" let me connect to it instantly but typing something will return a timeout (Error: TIMEOUT reached).
try fnlogin (or plogin) and we'd need debug output from fnlogin -d to see
what is failing in whatis most likely matching of the prompt.
<fnlogin.in.diff>