[rancid] rancid emailing not working
Jonathan Reed
2011-09-01 17:14:39 UTC
I'm unable to have rancid send an email to me after completion. Does the
email function depend on the success of comparing via cvs?

I'm running
sudo rancid-run -f /etc/rancid/rancid.conf_DIST -m ***@example.com -r
172.x.x.26

LOGFILE:
starting: Thu Sep 1 12:56:39 EDT 2011
*cvs status: use `cvs add' to create an entry for `172.x.x.26'*
*cvs add: in directory `.':*
*cvs [add aborted]: there is no version here; do `cvs checkout' first*
*cvs added missing router 172.x.x.26*
*.......*
*Trying to get all of the configs.*
*All routers sucessfully completed.*
*
*
*cvs diff: in directory .:*
*cvs [diff aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first*
*cvs commit: in directory .:*
*cvs [commit aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first*
*
*
*ending: Thu Sep 1 12:56:56 EDT 2011*
Martin Barry
2011-09-02 10:56:55 UTC
$quoted_author = "Jonathan Reed" ;
Post by Jonathan Reed
I'm unable to have rancid send an email to me after completion. Does the
email function depend on the success of comparing via cvs?
It sends an email only if there is diff output.
Post by Jonathan Reed
*cvs add: in directory `.':*
*cvs [add aborted]: there is no version here; do `cvs checkout' first*
This is bad. You ran rancid-cvs first and it completed without error?

cheers
Marty
Jonathan Reed
2011-09-02 14:25:21 UTC
I was aware that cvs was not setup on that system, but I didnt realize it
was necessary for email functionality, make sense though. I'll be creating a
repo to have this sorted out.
thanks for helping out guys.