[rancid] Rancid user home
Todd Heide
2015-04-21 00:29:57 UTC
Been going nuts trying to figure this out, Google has been useless. When I created the user rancid, it set the $HOME as /home/rancid, and no matter what I try it never sticks to /usr/local/rancid.  I can change the variable and make it work, but on reboot it goes back to /home/rancid and breaks rancid-run and RWS.

I need it to permanently change it to /usr/local/rancid.
Dan Anderson
2015-04-21 12:54:08 UTC
You need to use the "usermod" command (as root) to change the user's home
directory (I'm assuming you're running on some flavor of Linux)

usermod -d /usr/local/rancid rancid