[rancid] Problem with "enable"
Michael Schwartzkopff
2011-10-19 07:47:40 UTC

I added my switch to cloginrc and to a group.

When i do

clogin <switch>

it stops at the normal ">" prompt and does not switch to enabled mode.

Running rancid the logs tell me:

<switch> End of run not found

Since this is a plain Cisco device I do not really know where to troubleshoot
this problem further. Logging in manually and switching to enables mode does
not show anything unusual from the prompts.

Any idea? Thanks.
--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63

Tel: (0163) 172 50 98
Fax: (089) 620 304 13
Michael Schwartzkopff
2011-10-19 11:52:48 UTC
Post by Michael Schwartzkopff
Hi,
I added my switch to cloginrc and to a group.
When i do
clogin <switch>
it stops at the normal ">" prompt and does not switch to enabled mode.
<switch> End of run not found
Since this is a plain Cisco device I do not really know where to
troubleshoot this problem further. Logging in manually and switching to
enables mode does not show anything unusual from the prompts.
Any idea? Thanks.
Found it out. The banner contained the "#" sign.
--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63

Tel: (0163) 172 50 98
Fax: (089) 620 304 13
Aleksey P
2011-10-19 17:27:19 UTC
Hi. Chek file rancid for the string
" while (/#\s*($cmds_regexp)\s*$/) {|
and if it is - change it for
"while (/[>#]\s*($cmds_regexp)\s*$/) {"
john heasley
2011-10-19 18:02:57 UTC
Post by Aleksey P
Hi. Chek file rancid for the string
" while (/#\s*($cmds_regexp)\s*$/) {|
and if it is - change it for
"while (/[>#]\s*($cmds_regexp)\s*$/) {"
no, fix it so that the login script reaches enable mode, whose prompt ends
with #.