[rancid] Controlling Version numbers in CVS
Gregers Paludan Nakman
2010-03-18 08:38:33 UTC
Hi Gurus

What is the best way to control and update version numbers in CVS for config
files saved by rancid?
john heasley
2010-03-18 17:37:23 UTC
files saved by rancid?
Gregers Paludan Nakman
2010-03-22 07:53:30 UTC
< http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/cvs/revisions.html

< I believe the following command is what you are looking for:

<

<cvs commit -r 2 <file>

Hi Ron

I tried to use this command with one config file in the cvs. It worked J the
revision number was updated and everything looked good, until I looked in
the log files of rancid.

Rancid was not able to update the config files anymore. L I might have done
something wrong, but I don't know what.

John Heasley wrote to me:

"I know of no way to jump revisions in cvs or svn. "

So I guess that this feature is not available in Rancid (yet?)

Br

Gregers
Alex DEKKER
2010-03-22 18:35:26 UTC
Post by Gregers Paludan Nakman
I tried to use this command with one config file in the cvs. It worked J
the revision number was updated and everything looked good, until I looked
in the log files of rancid.
Rancid was not able to update the config files anymore. L I might have done
something wrong, but I don't know what.
I would guess you ran this command as a user [eg root] other than the one you
run RANCID as [eg rancid]. Check the ownership/permissions on RANCIDs files.
Post by Gregers Paludan Nakman
"I know of no way to jump revisions in cvs or svn. "
So I guess that this feature is not available in Rancid (yet?)
It would be a feature of your version control system, not RANCID.

alexd