[rancid] Fwd: Re: HP VC Flex-10 and rancid
Ingo Schüßler
2012-03-21 16:01:14 UTC

see the question below. May someone can help me!?

BR

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:41:49 +0000
Von: heasley <***@shrubbery.net>
An: "\\"Ingo Sch??ler\\"" <***@gmx.de>
CC: ***@shrubbery.net
Betreff: Re: HP VC Flex-10 and rancid
Hi *,
does anyone of you know how to backup the HP virtual connect switches with rancid.
I do not know anything about these. you can try the hp device type, or find
out if they are an OEM of some other device supported by the existing scripts.
BR
Krzysztof Zygmunt
2012-03-22 16:57:46 UTC
as far as I recall, there is no way to backup vc configs using rancid

they use Virtual Connect Support Utility to make backups,
and the backup files are binary ?

you use this util like this:
vcutil -a configbackup -i <IP> -u <USER> -p <PWD> -vcu <VCM USER> -
vcp <VCM PASS>

from windows management station
Hi,