[rancid] hlogin works, clogin fails: Why is clogin running?
Aaron C. de Bruyn
2015-03-02 22:35:05 UTC
I have a handful of Procurve switches that need to be backed up.

My router.db looks like this:

usancddswt01;hp;up
usancssswt01;hp;up
uscmdprswt01;hp;up
useugofswt01;hp;up
usggzsdswt01;hp;up
ushqzofswt01;hp;up
uslog00swt01;hp;up
usloginswt01;hp;up
uslogofswt01;hp;up
...etc...snip...

I can run:
hlogin -c "show run" usancddswt01

...and it connects, logs in, executes 'show run', and logs off...perfect.

When I run rancid-run however, it seems to be running clogin instead of hlogin.

Am I correct in thinking that hlogin should be running because
router.db lists the switch type as 'hp'?

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

-A
Dave Ewart
2015-03-03 09:34:11 UTC
Post by Aaron C. de Bruyn
I have a handful of Procurve switches that need to be backed up.
usancddswt01;hp;up
usancssswt01;hp;up
uscmdprswt01;hp;up
useugofswt01;hp;up
usggzsdswt01;hp;up
ushqzofswt01;hp;up
uslog00swt01;hp;up
usloginswt01;hp;up
uslogofswt01;hp;up
...etc...snip...
hlogin -c "show run" usancddswt01
...and it connects, logs in, executes 'show run', and logs off...perfect.
When I run rancid-run however, it seems to be running clogin instead of hlogin.
Am I correct in thinking that hlogin should be running because
router.db lists the switch type as 'hp'?
Am I missing something?
The separator characters in router.db should be ':' not ';' ... ?

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart
***@ceu.ox.ac.uk
N 51.7516, W 1.2152
Antonio Querubin
That changed as of version 3.0 to ; to accomodate IPv6 addresses.
Dave Ewart
2015-03-03 10:01:42 UTC
Post by Antonio Querubin
Post by Dave Ewart
[...]
The separator characters in router.db should be ':' not ';' ... ?
That changed as of version 3.0 to ; to accomodate IPv6 addresses.
Ah, well I've not got to that version yet: at least my comment wasn't
entirely wasted, because *I've* learned something even if I wasn't
helpful ;-)

Dave.