[rancid] Juniper
Ryan Milton
2015-02-25 13:13:50 UTC
Ryan Milton
2015-02-25 14:10:54 UTC
I'll try it!!

Ryan Douglass Milton
### set system login class RANCID permissions access
### set system login class RANCID permissions admin
### set system login class RANCID permissions firewall
### set system login class RANCID permissions flow-tap
### set system login class RANCID permissions interface
### set system login class RANCID permissions network
### set system login class RANCID permissions routing
### set system login class RANCID permissions secret
### set system login class RANCID permissions security
### set system login class RANCID permissions snmp
### set system login class RANCID permissions storage
### set system login class RANCID permissions system
### set system login class RANCID permissions trace
### set system login class RANCID permissions view
### set system login class RANCID permissions view-configuration
set system login user rancid class RANCID
​
------------------------------
*Sent:* 25 February 2015 13:13
*Subject:* [rancid] Juniper
So I'm very happy to have my rancid working now, but I would like to know
if there are examples of access accounts that people are using for their
rancid user for Juniper devices.
I created a "view-configuration" class, but it seems that rancid really
wants to run in edit mode, so currently unless I've given super-user
access, it doesn't see the changes.
Not secure, obviously.
Any recommendations?
Thank you in advance!
Ryan
Ryan Milton

Ryan
Ryan Milton
2015-02-25 16:26:22 UTC
Trying on an ASA, but having login problems.

Here is what I have:

add method 192.168.77.241 {ssh}
add user 192.168.77.241 {rancid}
add password 192.168.77.241 (Welcome1} {welcome}

username rancid password Xu5IkiGmz1nmz4Gv encrypted privilege 4
privilege cmd level 4 mode exec command show
privilege show level 4 mode exec command running-config

Error I get:

***@FP-RANCID:/var/lib/rancid/networking$ /var/lib/rancid/bin/clogin
192.168.77.241
72.28.107.174
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid 192.168.77.241
***@192.168.77.241's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
***@192.168.77.241's password:
Error: Check your passwd for 192.168.77.241

Ryan Douglass Milton
Ryan
Nick Hilliard
2015-02-25 16:29:55 UTC
Post by Ryan Milton
add password 192.168.77.241 (Welcome1} {welcome}
Is that '(' before the password a typo?

Nick
Ryan Milton
2015-02-25 17:03:24 UTC