[rancid] Rancid with Dell 6248 errors
David Ahrens
2015-10-08 19:16:29 UTC

I'm testing Rancid 3.2 with a Dell Powerconnect 6248. The Dell is running version 3.3.3.3 of the firmware.

When I run:
/usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin -f .cloginrc rancid-test

I'm able to login and get a prompt "rancid-test>". If I hit return, I immediately get another command prompt.

When I run "/usr/local/bin/rancid-run" The log file shows
Error: TIMEOUT reached
Missed cmd(s): all commands
End of run not found

When I run
/usr/local/rancid/bin/dllogin -f .cloginrc rancid-test
Or
/usr/local/rancid/bin/hlogin -f .cloginrc rancid-test

I get a prompt "rancid-test>" but if I hit return at the prompt, there's no response and eventually the connection is closed with "Error: TIMEOUT reached".

For my router.db file, I've tried both
rancid-test;smc;up
and
rancid-test;dell;up

For .cloginrc file I have:
add method {ssh}
add autoenable rancid-test 1
add timeout rancid-test {30}
add cyphertype rancid-test {aes256-crtr}
add user rancid-test {ranciduser}
add password {##########}

Regards,
David