[rancid] Backup of a single device
Jose Ribeiro
2010-07-15 18:41:54 UTC
Hi there,

How can I perform the backup of a single device?
I have rancid configured with a couple of groups and around
a dozen devices per group. What if I want to backup
a single device from one of the groups? Or even a few devices
from different groups.

Thanks,

Jose
Chris Gauthier
2010-07-15 19:32:49 UTC
I am not sure if this is what others would recommend, but I would make another group and just run rancid against that new group you made. Can't be too hard to do that, can it?

Alternatively, you can just run a script to invoke clogin so it runs the specific commands you want. That was just discussed in the list a few days ago.

Chris

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
-Leonardo da Vinci

Jose
john heasley
2010-07-15 22:57:16 UTC
Assuming I'm understanding the question correctly, you can have RANCID
ignore any specific device by setting its status to "down" in the
router.db file. Only devices tagged as "up" will be audited.

Ron Whitney
Network Administrator

Do it Best Corp. | 6502 Nelson Road | Fort Wayne, IN 46803
260.748.5657 (direct) | 260.748.5623 (fax)