[rancid] Cisco - who made change
nachofw
2016-03-21 17:06:06 UTC
Hi, i wanted to make a suggestion.When someone makes a change in a cisco router to take into account the line "last configuration change at *** by user ***".But only make a new version if the config chaged, and send in the mail with the diff and the user that made the change.I know some people dont agree that this is the best way. Still can this feature be optional?Regards
Lee
2016-03-21 17:57:37 UTC
Post by nachofw
Hi, i wanted to make a suggestion.When someone makes a change in a cisco
router to take into account the line "last configuration change at *** by
user ***".But only make a new version if the config chaged, and send in the
mail with the diff and the user that made the change.I know some people dont
agree that this is the best way. Still can this feature be optional?Regards
It's easy enough to get the "last configuration change at ***" line
included - just comment out the line(s) that ignore them - ie

/source/rancid-3.4.1/bin
$ grep -i "last c" *
cat5rancid: /^! (Last configuration|NVRAM config last)/ && next;
cat5rancid.in: /^! (Last configuration|NVRAM config last)/ && next;
cssrancid: /^! (Last configuration|NVRAM config last)/ && next;
cssrancid.in: /^! (Last configuration|NVRAM config last)/ && next;
prancid: /^! Last Changed:/ && next;
prancid.in: /^! Last Changed:/ && next;
rrancid: /^! Configuration last changed by user / && next;
rrancid.in: /^! Configuration last changed by user / && next;
zrancid: /^! Last Changed:/ && next;
zrancid.in: /^! Last Changed:/ && next;

/source/rancid-3.4.1/lib
$ grep -i "last c" *
acos.pm: next if (/Last configuration saved/);
acos.pm.in: next if (/Last configuration saved/);
ios.pm: /^! (Last configuration|NVRAM config last)/ && next;
ios.pm.in: /^! (Last configuration|NVRAM config last)/ && next;
iosxr.pm: /^! (Last configuration|NVRAM config last)/ && next;
iosxr.pm.in: /^! (Last configuration|NVRAM config last)/ && next;

I haven't tried it, but you can probably suppress the config change
email if the only thing that changed was the "last config" line by
changing the diff call to also specify -I 'Last config'

Regards,
Lee