[rancid] autoenable vs noenable
Bass, Teresa R
2010-03-08 19:30:46 UTC
I wonder if anyone has run into this problem:

Half of our switches are HP 4100's which cannot be autoenabled. The other half can be autoenabled.

The switch names I need to enter into .cloginrc are AB* but I have to do 1/2 as
" AB* add autoenable 1"
and the other 1/2 as
"AB* add noenable 1".

I'm trying to find a way around entering each individual device into .cloginrc as it is such a large number of devices.

Has anyone found a hack to the hlogin script that will allow me to use autoenable AND noenable without specifying each device name?

Any help would be appreciated!
Teresa
Chris Gauthier
2010-03-08 19:36:05 UTC
I think an easier solution than a hack would be to create two separate rancid groups. One uses the enable and one doesn't.

Chris G.

Teresa
john heasley
2010-03-08 19:50:17 UTC
Post by Chris Gauthier
I think an easier solution than a hack would be to create two separate rancid groups. One uses the enable and one doesn't.
I had written a patch for clogin to remove the need for autoenable. Has
anyone tried that? It could be adapted for hp.

btw, noenable is a different knob. See the cloginrc(5) man page for those
two directives.
Chris G.