[rancid] Perforce repository
Trey Valenta
2007-09-21 00:17:58 UTC
I've been working on a patch to version 2.3.2a7 so that I can store my
Cisco configs in Perforce. Has anyone already done this? If not, would
anyone else be interested in having this feature?

Thanks,
Trey Valenta
--
<t(Trey)@(Valenta)trey.net> Seattle, Wash.
He jests at scars who never felt a wound.
-- Shakespeare, "Romeo and Juliet, II. 2"
Lance
2007-09-21 04:44:13 UTC
Trey,

Never had a use for it myself. Maybe others have and use it. I have
always stayed on the free side as much as possible and ran with KISS.
Just me.

-Lance
Trey Valenta
2007-09-21 14:42:31 UTC
Post by Lance
Never had a use for it myself. Maybe others have and use it. I have
always stayed on the free side as much as possible and ran with KISS.
Just me.
I imagine most people would indeed stick with CVS. My company uses
Perforce already, and most are Windows-only people. By storing our Cisco
configs in a depot on the main Perforce server, I know that anyone who
needs to see old router configs can find them.

trey
--
<t(Trey)@(Valenta)trey.net> Seattle, Wash.
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Umm, I think so, Brain, but what if the chicken won't wear the nylons?
John Payne
2007-09-28 20:05:54 UTC
Post by Trey Valenta
I've been working on a patch to version 2.3.2a7 so that I can store my
Cisco configs in Perforce. Has anyone already done this? If not, would
anyone else be interested in having this feature?
vote++