[rancid] hlogin timeout after sucessful login
Gallardo, Winfred C
2010-04-22 18:29:39 UTC
i'm trying to debug why hlogin hangs after successfully logging into a hp procurve 5406.

i see a sucessful prompt but will not execute any of the simple commands I issue to hlogin.

Any help in determining how to debug this would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Gallardo
Network Services
***@iupui.edu
James Zuelow
2010-04-22 18:50:36 UTC
i'm trying to debug why hlogin hangs after successfully
logging into a hp procurve 5406.
i see a sucessful prompt but will not execute any of the
simple commands I issue to hlogin.
Any help in determining how to debug this would be greatly
appreciated.
Which version of rancid, and where did you get it from?

For example I have to comment out a line in the Debian Squeeze version of rancid to get it to talk to my 5406.

James
Gallardo, Winfred C
2010-04-22 19:18:01 UTC
the version i can download on

it is 2.3.3

i just downloaded it from ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/pub/rancid/rancid-2.3.3.tar.gz

i'm also running fedora core 12.

I did check expect and it is 5.43

i did notice that after configuring radius on the 5406 is when this problem started.

Chris Gallardo
Network Services
317-278-9067