[rancid] Noisy Cisco ASR1002
Mark Tinka
2010-10-06 07:54:32 UTC
Hello all.

Following an upgrade to Cisco IOS XE 3.1S for the Cisco
ASR1002 router, there is a new level of logging activity
that is being written to the router's 'bootflash' file
system at least every few minutes.

Our RANCID runs every half-hour, so e-mails have become
noisy and run the risk of desensitizing our NOC.

Any suggestions on how this can be filtered without
affecting the 'dir bootflash' command used for the other
routers?

All help appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark.
Mark Tinka
2010-10-06 20:20:32 UTC
So I sent this yesterday but it couldn't leave because my IP
address wasn't liked by the mailing list mail server.

That said, no sooner had I crafted and tried to send this
than Marcus' e-mail showed up detailing the exact same
problem.

He had a back-and-forth and got it sorted out.

IOS XE 3.1S has become quite chatty.

Cheers,

Mark.
john heasley
2010-10-06 22:38:40 UTC
Post by Mark Tinka
Hello all.
Following an upgrade to Cisco IOS XE 3.1S for the Cisco
ASR1002 router, there is a new level of logging activity
that is being written to the router's 'bootflash' file
system at least every few minutes.
Our RANCID runs every half-hour, so e-mails have become
noisy and run the risk of desensitizing our NOC.
thats different from show flash being redundant. what are new
files?
Mark Tinka
2010-10-06 23:52:11 UTC
On Thursday, October 07, 2010 06:38:40 am john heasley
Post by john heasley
thats different from show flash being redundant. what
are new files?
The fix Marcus provided in a parallel e-mail worked for me.
I guess I just didn't describe the problem well enough :-).

Mark.