[rancid] AUTHENTICATION NEEDED FOR RANCID
bsuresh1976
2008-03-20 06:20:36 UTC

Can some one help me to configure the authentication needed to access the
RANCID web page? I don't want any one from the corp network to access this
page. Do I need to configure authentication for Apache?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Suresh
alex
2008-03-20 08:21:22 UTC
Post by bsuresh1976
Can some one help me to configure the authentication needed to access the
RANCID web page? I don't want any one from the corp network to access this
page. Do I need to configure authentication for Apache?
Yes. The easiest way to do it would be with a .htaccess file. There are many
sites on the internet that will generate an .htacess and .htpasswd file for
you.

alexd
Peter Lothegard
2008-03-20 06:37:49 UTC
If you run it on a linux webserver you can use .htaccess