[rancid] Saving unsanitized configs
Pedrosi, Derek G.
2015-08-19 19:15:04 UTC
Is there a way to have rancid NOT sanitize the configs that it saves?
Our repositories already have security applied to them.

thanks,
derek
Alan McKinnon
2015-08-19 19:32:11 UTC
Post by Pedrosi, Derek G.
Is there a way to have rancid NOT sanitize the configs that it saves?
Our repositories already have security applied to them.
Can you elaborate on what "not sanitize" means?

If you just want to not redact passwords and other secrets, there's a
well documented variable in the conf file controlling whether it is done
or not
--
Alan McKinnon
***@gmail.com
Ryan West
2015-08-19 19:33:57 UTC
Subject: [rancid] Saving unsanitized configs
Is there a way to have rancid NOT sanitize the configs that it saves?
Our repositories already have security applied to them.
# FILTER_PWDS determines which passwords are filtered from configs by the
# value set (NO | YES | ALL). see rancid.conf(5).
FILTER_PWDS=NO; export FILTER_PWDS

-ryan
Pedrosi, Derek G.
2015-08-19 19:46:22 UTC
Thank you Ryan, I found a good explination here...
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/hardy/man5/rancid.conf.5.html

This link, not so much...
http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/man/rancid.conf.5.html

Thank you for the assitance.
derek

-ryan
heasley
2015-08-19 21:46:12 UTC
Post by Pedrosi, Derek G.
Thank you Ryan, I found a good explination here...
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/hardy/man5/rancid.conf.5.html
This link, not so much...
http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/man/rancid.conf.5.html
man2html was mangling it. groff appears to produce the correct output,
though uglier.

ps. the manpages are installed with rancid. ie: man rancid.conf
Post by Pedrosi, Derek G.
Thank you for the assitance.
derek