[rancid] Motorola BSR64000
Arjan Oosting
2010-07-27 14:32:17 UTC

I have some patches I use in our RANCID setup at work which I would like
to share and see included in new versions of RANCID.

One of these is the attached patch.

In our network we have a set of Motorola BSR64000 CMTS-es which we
backup with RANCID. For these devices we took some *login and *rancid
file and adjusted them until we had bsrlogin and bsrrancid.

The result is attached.

Greetings Arjan
Frank Bulk
2010-07-28 04:09:48 UTC
Thanks for developing that. I also made some changes -- would you like to see my complete motorancid?

Frank

Greetings Arjan
Arjan Oosting
2010-07-28 07:51:20 UTC
Post by Frank Bulk
Thanks for developing that. I also made some changes -- would you like to see my complete motorancid?
Frank
Sure,

Please send it.

Greetings Arjan
john heasley
Please verify that Frank's scripts work for you.
Arjan Oosting
2010-08-03 05:48:48 UTC
Op vrijdag 30-07-2010 om 21:22 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef john
Post by john heasley
Post by Arjan Oosting
Post by Frank Bulk
Thanks for developing that. I also made some changes -- would you like to see my complete motorancid?
Frank
Sure,
Please send it.
Please verify that Frank's scripts work for you.
I will try to verify the scripts tomorrow.

Greetings Arjan
john heasley
verdict?
Arjan Oosting
2010-08-23 21:15:52 UTC
Hi John,

Op vrijdag 06-08-2010 om 18:02 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef john
Post by john heasley
verdict?
I have been to busy with work to test the scripts properly. I have
tested them against one of our BSR's which did work. Some things I
did notice:
* Our in-house scripts run 'show running-config verbose' while
motorancid just runs 'show running-config'. I am not sure
whether
I will test
them after my holiday,
Frank Bulk - iName.com
2010-08-24 01:34:54 UTC
The verbose option would show all the default settings that are not shown. I decided not to include it, but I can see how that might be helpful to some folks.

Frank

Arjan Oosting
2010-08-23 21:24:23 UTC

Post by john heasley
verdict?
I have been to busy with work to test the scripts properly. I have
tested them against one of our BSR's which did work. Some things I
did notice:
* Our in-house scripts run 'show running-config verbose' while
motorancid just runs 'show running-config'. I am not sure
whether the extra configuration lines from the
'show running-config verbose' are essential. I have to ask that
to my colleagues which operate these CMTS'es .
* I am missing the 'show system

I will test the moto-scripts more thoroughly after my holiday.

Greetings Arjan