[rancid] perl scripting for BGP prefix monitoring/backup
Sambath Chhoeun
2014-07-08 01:38:01 UTC
Dear Everyone,

I am now looking for way to monitoring and backup the BGP prefix from
Cisco/Juniper devices, and I am thinking if we could have a perl scripting
to patch into the rancid and get it do the backup. Anyone experience with
that? Much Appreciate with your help.

Regards,
Sambath
--
Sambath CHHOEUN
Networks Support
Tel: (855) 77 900110/ 70 7887 62
heasley
2014-07-08 15:25:22 UTC
Post by Sambath Chhoeun
Dear Everyone,
I am now looking for way to monitoring and backup the BGP prefix from
Cisco/Juniper devices, and I am thinking if we could have a perl scripting
to patch into the rancid and get it do the backup. Anyone experience with
that? Much Appreciate with your help.
using rancid 3.1,
create a new module in lib/rancid with a function to parse the output
create a new type in rancid.types.conf(5)
use the base definition as a template with a new name
replace the commands with your show ip bgp command
include the new module with your parsing function