[rancid] Dell Switches with "K" in the host name fail
Fleming, Graham
2013-03-27 17:07:29 UTC
Hello everyone,

I'm using the drancid and dlogin scripts from here: http://web.rickyninja.net:81/rancid/

Everything works OK except any Powerconnect switches that have the letter "K" in their hostname will fail.

In debugging I notice the script deletes any instance of the K from the prompt so it never matches the prompt and never knows when commands are finished.

Therefore, at the end of the script it errors out with:

": missed cmd(s): show version,show running-config,show vlan
found_end = 0, clean_run = 0
: End of run not found"

Any ideas would be great thanks.
Matej Vadnjal
2013-04-02 12:02:18 UTC
Post by Fleming, Graham
Hello everyone,
I'm using the drancid and dlogin scripts from here: http://web.rickyninja.net:81/rancid/
Everything works OK except any Powerconnect switches that have the letter "K" in their hostname will fail.
In debugging I notice the script deletes any instance of the K from the prompt so it never matches the prompt and never knows when commands are finished.
": missed cmd(s): show version,show running-config,show vlan
found_end = 0, clean_run = 0
: End of run not found"
Any ideas would be great thanks.
Hi Graham

In drancid you should have a line that reads:

$prompt =~ tr/\033\\\[K//d;

Remove the K from there and see if that works. I'm not sure why it is
even in there, seems like a bug.

Regards
Matej Vadnjal
Arnes
Fleming, Graham
2013-04-02 16:00:15 UTC
Thanks Matej! I had seen this already but couldn't figure out why it was there.

For some reason when running drancid on certain Dell Powerconnect switches, "[K" gets prepended the prompt. This line seems to be trying to remove that "[K".

I got rid of the K but now certain switches have "K" prepended.

I'm not very good with Perl but this is my fix and I think it works:

$prompt =~ tr/\033\\\[//d;
$prompt =~ s/^K//d;
Arnes
Alejandro Sanchez
2013-04-02 17:13:31 UTC
Good day guys,
I know this is the rancid discussin but not sure whether to put this. Anyone knows how to monitorize on cacti a voice sip trunk?

**CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE**
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail or any of its attachments, please be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply e-mail.
James Bensley
2013-04-02 17:52:38 UTC
Post by Alejandro Sanchez
Good day guys,
I know this is the rancid discussin but not sure whether to put this.
Anyone knows how to monitorize on cacti a voice sip trunk?
Well you could try the Cacti mailing list? :)

Also, you haven't said what you want to monitor. Depending on your SIP
platform and what stats you can pull from it, you can essentially graph
anything in Cacti, even if it doesn't support SNMP because you can write a
script to gather stats and feed them into Cacti.

Hope that helps.

James.
Gerhard Mourani