[rancid] End of run not found
Raymond Venner
2008-03-07 21:16:38 UTC
Trying to run rancid on the following devices

WS-C6506
WS-C6509
but keep getting the following error.

End of run not found

Anybody know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.
Raymond Venner
2008-03-10 13:42:50 UTC
Greetings,
Still no luck with this issue and can't seem to find any informational
threads online. This seems to be CAT os related but I can't seem to
pinpoint the issue. Any info would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks in advance.
John Payne
2008-03-17 14:20:38 UTC
Post by Raymond Venner
Greetings,
Still no luck with this issue and can't seem to find any
informational threads online. This seems to be CAT os related but
I can't seem to pinpoint the issue. Any info would be greatly
appreciated..
I'm having similar problems with SOME IOS devices.
running rancid manually with -d I see it hanging on show controllers...
John Payne
2008-03-17 15:20:02 UTC
Post by John Payne
Post by Raymond Venner
Greetings,
Still no luck with this issue and can't seem to find any
informational threads online. This seems to be CAT os related but
I can't seem to pinpoint the issue. Any info would be greatly
appreciated..
I'm having similar problems with SOME IOS devices.
running rancid manually with -d I see it hanging on show
controllers...
Actually, a bit more digging... it looks like some kind of buffering
issue.

## $Id: clogin.in,v 1.77 2004/03/12 05:44:06 asp Exp $

with a clogin -c 'show controllers' <routername> works fine.

clogin from 2.3.2a7:
## $Id: clogin.in,v 1.107 2006/12/08 21:28:25 heas Exp $

with a clogin -c 'show controllers' <routername> hangs after Fifo13,
and then eventually completes (several minutes later).

I see similar things with 'show run' on a different device.

Of course... that sent me hunting and it looks like I'm using an
unpatched expect.

*sigh*
Lance Vermilion

Bilder, Jeff
2008-03-17 17:17:46 UTC
Thanks, it ended up being a config that was missing. I touched the file
and rancid delete it and was able to commit the revision.

Thanks,

JB

John Payne
John Payne
2008-04-07 13:36:06 UTC
Post by Raymond Venner
Post by Lance Vermilion
John Payne,
Did the patching of expect fix you?
Yep!
Actually... only mostly. I've still got 2 boxes that block and
timeout :(
Post by Raymond Venner
Post by Lance Vermilion
-lance
John Payne
2008-04-14 13:47:40 UTC
Post by John Payne
Post by Raymond Venner
Post by Lance Vermilion
John Payne,
Did the patching of expect fix you?
Yep!
Actually... only mostly. I've still got 2 boxes that block and
timeout :(
For the boxes I have remaining that block and timeout, I've noticed
that when I do a clogin followed by term len 0 and sh run, it blocks
at the ntp servers. If I hit ctrl-c, it continues and finishes.

These boxes don't have the longest configs, but it's every time on
the same ones.
Post by John Payne
Post by Raymond Venner
Post by Lance Vermilion