[rancid] Email Alerts - Including Username That Did Change ? Possible ?
Wilkinson, Alex
2013-08-05 02:33:11 UTC
Hi all,

Is it possible to have included in the RANCID email alerts the user-name that did the actual change ?

-Alex

************** IMPORTANT MESSAGE *****************************
This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or
disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Unless
specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender
or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please reply to this
e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.
Alan McKinnon
2013-08-05 05:58:06 UTC
Post by Wilkinson, Alex
Hi all,
Is it possible to have included in the RANCID email alerts the user-name that did the actual change ?
I doubt it. That information is not usually stored in the device's
config. Rancid is limited to using information it can acquire from a
telnet/ssh login session.

The user who made a change can be gotten from tacacs accounting logs or
possibly from syslog.
--
Alan McKinnon
***@gmail.com
heasley
2013-08-05 06:51:08 UTC
Post by Alan McKinnon
Post by Wilkinson, Alex
Hi all,
Is it possible to have included in the RANCID email alerts the user-name that did the actual change ?
I doubt it. That information is not usually stored in the device's
config. Rancid is limited to using information it can acquire from a
telnet/ssh login session.
The user who made a change can be gotten from tacacs accounting logs or
possibly from syslog.
this the best way. there is a way trigger rancid run from syslogs; see
the FAQ.