[rancid] Aruba Backups
Danilo Gouveia
2014-05-09 12:59:00 UTC
Hello guys,

I'm having some problems to add Aruba Controllers to Aruba.
I google it but did not found good information regarding this.

Anyone successfully added Aruba Controllers to Rancid ?

I tried to add it as Cisco classification on my router.db. I can login,
however the error that the logs shows is "missed cmd(s) ...".

I changed the PIPE values in the rancid.conf to NOPIPE=YES; export NOPIPE
and I did rancid -d controller. Got the error below:

couldn't compile regular expression pattern: parentheses () not balanced
while executing
"expect {
-re $reprompt {}
-re "\[\n\r]+" { exp_continue }
}"
(procedure "run_commands" line 21)
invoked from within
"run_commands $prompt $command"
("foreach" body line 174)
invoked from within
"foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
set router [string tolower $router]
# attempt at platform switching.
set platform ""
send_user ..."
(file "/usr/lib/rancid/bin/clogin" line 757)

Thanks in advance,
--
Atenciosamente / Best Regards,

Danilo Marques de Gouveia
IT - Network Administrator
55 19 3847 8424
55 19 9160 6441
heasley
2014-05-16 18:17:42 UTC
Post by Danilo Gouveia
Hello guys,
I'm having some problems to add Aruba Controllers to Aruba.
I google it but did not found good information regarding this.
Anyone successfully added Aruba Controllers to Rancid ?
I tried to add it as Cisco classification on my router.db. I can login,
however the error that the logs shows is "missed cmd(s) ...".
I changed the PIPE values in the rancid.conf to NOPIPE=YES; export NOPIPE
couldn't compile regular expression pattern: parentheses () not balanced
while executing
does the device have a prompt with ()s? if so, it will need to be escaped
so that when it is used as a regex it will not be interpretted as an atom
of the regex. clogin normally does this, so perhaps you have a really old
version or you've applied a patch that does not work? you could also remove
the ()s from your prompt, perhaps - i am not familiar with Aruba.
Post by Danilo Gouveia
"expect {
-re $reprompt {}
-re "\[\n\r]+" { exp_continue }