[rancid] Old lockfile still exists
Gerhard Mourani
2015-05-13 13:08:05 UTC
Hello List,

Since a week ago I’ve started to receive this message every time the rancid script run to get backups.

Old lockfile still exists:
-rw-r----- 1 rancid rancid 0 May 12 12:01 /tmp/.Fortinet.run.lock

The above happen only for Fortigate devices and not for the other (Cisco, Brocade, etc..) which work fine.

Even if I remove the /tmp/.Fortinet.run.lock file, the next time the script run the problem happen again!

Someone have an idea about how to fix it?

Gerhard,
heasley
2015-05-13 13:17:16 UTC
Post by Gerhard Mourani
Hello List,
Since a week ago I’ve started to receive this message every time the rancid script run to get backups.
-rw-r----- 1 rancid rancid 0 May 12 12:01 /tmp/.Fortinet.run.lock
The above happen only for Fortigate devices and not for the other (Cisco, Brocade, etc..) which work fine.
Even if I remove the /tmp/.Fortinet.run.lock file, the next time the script run the problem happen again!
Someone have an idea about how to fix it?
it must be hanging on one or more of those devices. ktrace/strace the
processes to see what theyre doing.
Gerhard Mourani
2015-05-13 14:27:04 UTC
Seem to be ok. If I run each one manually with command like -> /usr/bin/rancid-run -r x.x.x.x it work!
But when I run them with -> /usr/bin/rancid-run Fortinet, then the process never end!
strace /usr/bin/rancid-run Fortinet never finish.

Can see the following in the log: cvs status: [13:41:26] waiting for rancid's lock in /var/lib/rancid/CVS/Fortinet/configs