[rancid] configuring clogin for tacacs loging
Pabon, Nestor
2007-12-08 00:43:59 UTC
I have read the manual but I'n still confised.

We have our routers' authentication handled via tacacs.

Upon login the following is requested:

Username:

Password:

Then we get the following promt:

Routername>

Here I enter "en"

Then I get prompted for a password

How do I configure this, and how do I have this script call a hostlist
with all the routers?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Yuval Ben Ari
2007-12-09 17:18:25 UTC
you need to configure your .cloginrc file with the VTY and enable passwords,
the syntax should be on the top of the file commented. basically you need to
add:

if the username is differnet than the user running the script also add:
add user <router name regexp> <username>

then test it with:
clogin <router_name>

for multiple routers just need to add one after the other in the router_name
parameter.
Explain what do you need the script to do for more details.

Yuval
Post by Pabon, Nestor
I have read the manual but I'n still confised.
We have our routers' authentication handled via tacacs.
Routername>
Here I enter "en"
Then I get prompted for a password
How do I configure this, and how do I have this script call a hostlist
with all the routers?
Thank you in advance for your help.
[image: Signature]
john heasley
2007-12-10 18:56:46 UTC
Post by Yuval Ben Ari
you need to configure your .cloginrc file with the VTY and enable passwords,
the syntax should be on the top of the file commented. basically you need to
add user <router name regexp> <username>
fyi, the router name match is a glob, not a regex.

string match pattern ...

http://www.astro.princeton.edu/~rhl/Tcl-Tk_docs/tcl8.0a1/string.n.html