[rancid] DONE: Implementation of the (generic) linux configuration backup-versioning DEVELOPMENT VERSION
Diego Ercolani
2010-10-19 14:13:44 UTC
Hello, after an year I've updated the script which is responsible of backup a
linux box configuration files using rancid.

This files are committed to 2.3.2 version of rancid as is the version which I
currently run in production environment.

This version is based on the version from july 2009
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2009-July/004036.html

difference is primarly only the fact that It can handle more sophisticated
shell prompt and is also capable of escaping denied expect sequence
(like of course "[" and "]")

Current version of rancid probably have to be revised to use these
scripts..... I didn't have time to align my patches to current version.... it
would be nice if developers create a sort of common library of function to use
from expect sources and perl sources to create a sort of "SDK" to write own
rancid modules.... and then provide a repository where people can upload their
contributions.
To do this it have to be stabilized the infrastructure

Hope this help.
Diego
Sam Munzani