[rancid] Backing up backups
Matthew Mengel
2013-09-05 23:16:06 UTC
Hi.

A quick query - I have a single RANCID server. Is there a recommended way to backup the config "database" (for want of a better word) if I don't want to run up a second server.

Thanks
Matthew

Matthew Mengel
Network Support Officer
Mob: 0477 305 412
Ph: +61 7 3267 9076

MFS IT Helpdesk
125 Queens Road,
Nudgee, Q 4014
PO Box 182, Banyo Q 4014

Ph: 3267 9099 Email: ***@mfsq.org.au<mailto:***@mfsq.org.au>

www.mercyfamilyservices.org.au<http://www.mercyfamilyservices.org.au/>

heasley
2013-09-06 18:36:37 UTC
tar(1), dump(8), rsync(1)? if you're using svn, google for svn-backup-dumps.py.
Tom Limoncelli
2013-09-06 20:53:50 UTC
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Matthew Mengel
A quick query – I have a single RANCID server. Is there a recommended way
to backup the config “database” (for want of a better word) if I don’t want
to run up a second server.****
We back up our configs to a private Mercurial repository server. It has
its own backups.

Tom