[rancid] clogin query
Chris Kilian
2011-01-14 03:18:26 UTC
Hi all

I have my rancid working almost totally correctly now with the exception of a few things. I have some devices that although they answer to ssh they are using a different port to 22, in the .clogin.rc file I have all the devices listed as

Add methos x.x.x.x {ssh}

Looking at the documentation it seems to say that you can use {ssh:-port} to specify a different port however when I do that I am getting the below in the log files.

Hostname fnlogin error: Error: unknown connection method: ssh:-822

Anyone got any ideas?

Kind Regards

Chris Kilian
Lee
2011-01-14 15:20:12 UTC
Post by Chris Kilian
Hi all
I have my rancid working almost totally correctly now with the exception of
a few things. I have some devices that although they answer to ssh they are
using a different port to 22, in the .clogin.rc file I have all the devices
listed as
Add methos x.x.x.x {ssh}
Looking at the documentation it seems to say that you can use {ssh:-port} to
specify a different port however when I do that I am getting the below in
the log files.
Hostname fnlogin error: Error: unknown connection method: ssh:-822
Anyone got any ideas?
try it without the dash - ie. {ssh:822}

Lee
Andy
2011-01-14 16:55:15 UTC

I think this should work;

add sshcmd x.x.x.x {ssh -p 822}

Andy

Chris Kilian
john heasley
2011-01-14 18:35:04 UTC
Post by Chris Kilian
Hi all
I have my rancid working almost totally correctly now with the exception of a few things. I have some devices that although they answer to ssh they are using a different port to 22, in the .clogin.rc file I have all the devices listed as
Add methos x.x.x.x {ssh}
Looking at the documentation it seems to say that you can use {ssh:-port} to specify a different port however when I do that I am getting the below in the log files.
Hostname fnlogin error: Error: unknown connection method: ssh:-822
Anyone got any ideas?
assuming that your rancid is recent enough, I dont recall off the top
of my head when this was added, this should work if your ssh uses - for
the port. the - is usually only for some variations of BSD's telnet
client.
Iñaki Martínez Díez
2011-01-24 11:41:32 UTC
Iñaki Martínez Díez
2011-01-24 17:28:14 UTC

Since I upgraded to rancid 2.3.4 I receive (not always but very often)
this kind of empty emails:

"Routers changed to down:"

Only that, specially when a run this:

rancid-run ­r router group

I run this command after each change in a switch so I receive a lot of
empty emails.

Any tip to fix this ?

Thanks

Iñaki Martínez Díez
Departamento de redes
acens Technologies S.L.
***@acens.com
Teléfono: 637 772 156

Fax: 911 418 501
Este mensaje puede contener información confidencial dirigida exclusivamente a su destinatario.
No se permite su copia o distribución sin la autorización expresa y por anticipado de acens.
Si recibió este mensaje por error, por favor, comuníquelo al emisor y elimínelo de su ordenador. Gracias.
This message may contain confidential information exclusively addressed to its intended recipient.
The copy or distribution of this message is not permitted without the prior express consent by acens.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message please advise the sender and delete it. Thank you.