[rancid] Autodiscovery using CLOGIN?
Fredrik Lund
2015-07-09 14:08:24 UTC
Hi

Is there a way to get clogin to auto discovery a whole ip range?
Lets say I have 10.1.1.0/24 is there a way to set router.db to discover
new nodes?

Or do i have to manually enter every node i want to backup?
Alan McKinnon
2015-07-09 14:29:33 UTC
Post by Fredrik Lund
Hi
Is there a way to get clogin to auto discovery a whole ip range?
no
Post by Fredrik Lund
Or do i have to manually enter every node i want to backup?
yes

If you want discovery to happen, you'll have to write your own separate
program to do it and generate new router.db files.
--
Alan McKinnon
***@gmail.com
heasley
2015-07-09 15:59:37 UTC
Post by Fredrik Lund
Or do i have to manually enter every node i want to backup?
yes
If you want discovery to happen, you'll have to write your own separate
program to do it and generate new router.db files.
one could may be able to use nmap to do this.